Friday, June 3, 2011

CLEAN LINES








Now this is INTERIOR DESIGN! Lately I have been lacking interior inspiration, I feel like so much of the focus has been on the smaller details that make up a space but the initial structural layout is being forgotten. The work of Rees Roberts is truly inspiring to me, with a minimalist approach but creates an instantly luxe look through materials, a strong open plan and blending the indoors with outdoors which makes me fall harder for the modern aesthetic! 


This well designed homes seems to celebrate Mies Van de Rohre (through use of luxe materials, open column layout and large picture windows) & Johnson's glass house. I can also see the large impact that midcentury modern design has on these projects through the furniture selection in all the homes, note the Jacobsen chairs around the dining room. 


Needless to say, Rees Robert has me inspired and further reminds me that simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication! 

No comments:

Post a Comment