Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tea Party









I am so thrilled to say that I finally got the chance to see the Soho Hotel and have my long awaited traditional "English Tea". I have been dying to go over and scope out this five star boutique hotel before I had even arrived in London. I have seen this particular hotel written up in several of my favorite design books and magazines plus I have been doing a lot of research on boutique hotels lately for class so I couldn't have been more giddier to spend an afternoon there for tea. It was absolutely stunning and in a fabulous location. Kit Kemp (owner of Firmdale Hotel) has absolutely impeccable taste and literally has my dream job of owning and designing these luxurious accommodations :)

Inside was filled with colour, prints, eclectic art and pottery and overall lively atmosphere. It was definitely the kind of place you feel at home but home to a stylish, chic owner. I loved all the use of textures, colour and light throughout the space, it was the perfect balance of design elements. Plus the tea was equally amazing, I tried jasmine green tea and as well as an endless amount of homemade scones, strawberry jam, crustless sandwiches & cupcakes. What else does a girl need?! I absolutely loved it and I highly recommend going there for an afternoon tea if you are ever in the area (they also do champagne tea too!)

I am off for a run in Regent's and then its time for me to hit the books one last time! Lots of Love from London...

No comments:

Post a Comment