Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Day at the Bay








Friday a group of us from "uni" took of for the day for this so called town of "Brighton" we had kept hearing of. We weren't really sure what to expect but I had heard that it had a similar feel to Coney Island in New York and they was even in fact a beach! I forgot how much I miss seeing the water, living in Seattle has spoiled me :)

Brighton is only a hour out of London and is a completely different environment. All of us were a bit stressed with finals and getting ready to leave next weekend so it was the perfect escape from our busy lives to simply relax and soak up the rare UK sunshine. It was a perfect kickoff to our last weekend in London. I enjoyed just sitting on the beach, day dreaming, chatting, wandering the pier and even braved it up to ride some amusement rides! I ended up riding the rickety roller coaster on the pier as well as the hammer ride which literally flips you upside down 200 feet over the pier--I really did almost see my life flash in front of me for a moment.

All in all this weekend was a 5 star weekend, with 5 star friends and 5 star weather. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend to roam Portobello, eat gelato in Regent's Park and go to an 80's dance club and finally have tea at the Soho Hotel (next post). Absolutely Flawless...


No comments:

Post a Comment