Sunday, April 18, 2010

An Afternoon with Warhol, Pollock & Refreshing Interiors




Images: Courtesy of Google

I am so happy I finally made it to the famous Tate Modern Art Museum right on the River Thames in downtown London. And best of all, it was free entry! The Tate is home to legendary artists Andy Warhol, Claude Monet, Jackson Pollack, just to name a few ground breaking artists. The actual interior of the museum seems fairly new, an industrial building but balanced out with fresh graphic details and bright colors. After being in Interior Design for a full three years I appreciate abstraction and art on a whole new level. Here are some of my favorite pieces throughout the 5 story complex. (I realized I gravitate immediately to colour, texture & loose brush strokes, all of which are some of my favorite design elements--now I really sound nerdy analyzing art and my design principles!)








Gerald Richter ( My favorite series!)






Not entirely sure on this one...


Ring a bell? I feel like I see this print in so many interiors, so it was funny that the above paintings reminded me exactly of this particular image. Fun fact about 'Keep Calm and Carry On' is that it was originally a British propaganda poster in the 1920's that was rediscovered in 2000 and the rest is history--no pun intended :)

No comments:

Post a Comment