Saturday, March 6, 2010

You're Only In Brugge Once











Last weekend I randomly ended up going on a school trip for the weekend to Brugge, Belgium. I really had no idea what to expect but I heard it is actually one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.

Little did I know that over 300 beers are brewed in Belgium but that the best chocolate I have ever tasted is located in this delightful country. Literally every other small shop was a chocolate shopped filled with hundreds of different truffles. I actually ate my whole box in one day because I kept wanting to see what the next chocolate would taste like ha!

Brugge was charming with its narrow streets, ancient mediveil architecture and old brick bridges across narrow canals. It was nice to take the weekend to get out of the busy life of London and have a relaxing 48 hours in a authentic European city and experience a new culture and try new chocolate of course! Haha I think that probably was worth the trip alone. I even went on a bike ride around the city and tried their authentic dish of mussels and fries which wasn't too bad after a couple rounds of beer :)

The trip itself really wasn't too far from the United Kingdom, just a quick hour and half ferry ride to France and then a couple hours to Belgium. I am still confused on the geography of Europe because I feel like it should take so much longer to go to an entirely different country...Nonetheless, I definitely don't mind getting used to these quick hop skips and jumps to new countries!

No comments:

Post a Comment